Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanksgiving

Although it is Thanksgiving Day today and I do have a lot to be thankful for, even more than usual, it is also a very sad day for me. My partner was discharged from the hospital today, but she is going to stay with relatives who live about a seven hour drive from here. I visited her almost every day since September 13, when she was admitted to the hospital, until yesterday. We will not be able to see each other very much for some time. As part of her recovery process, we have talked about her spending an extended period of time with family and friends that she has not seen much of during the last few years. There is talk of her spending Christmas with her daughter on the coast. It would be a great visit for both of them. She does need to be away, but it is still very hard for us.

Miles Davis and I are spending the evening together. I find his music is what I need to listen to on days like this.

No comments: