Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mid Term #2

Well, one more mid term out of the way. This one was just about as easy as the one that I wrote last Saturday, which is good because I thought that it might have been harder. There is a lot more subject matter to learn in this course. I`ll have to wait and see how well I did. Sometimes I am good at estimating how well I`ve done on a test, at other times I am not at all sure. I have two more to go, one next week and one the week after that. I like having exams spread out. I talked to a classmate of mine who said that she liked to write all of her exams in one week so that they would be over with and she could get back to her normal life. She is a good student and can handle four or five exams and the studying for them over a short period of time.

I try to keep up with the course work and not spend a lot of time studying at the last minute. I find that it is too stressful to be cramming the night before. I am always surprised at the number of students who study right up to the moments just before they go in to write.

We had a minor debate on some of the major concepts of our coursework this morning. One guy did not know a few things and asked for help with a couple of concepts. One woman and I, who are both taking stats, were trying to convince a few people there, of the correct formula for standard deviation. We were outvoted vocally. Well, what can you do? Why he wanted to learn that formula, I'm not sure. We just had to be able to calculate the mean and range, determine the mode and median and then answer a very easy question using the values for those measures. There were a few other questions about correlation and the like but they were easy too. Of course, hindsight is... Maybe if I had not been taking stats, I would have found the very basic stats presented in this course intimidating. I think that I'll stay out of the next last minute discussion in the hall.

No comments: