Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Why I Am Writing This Blog

When I decided to return to university as a mature student, I thought that writing about my experiences would be worthwhile in several ways. First of all, it is a chronicle of my experiences that I can share with others, secondly, it is a way for me to keep my family members up to date, third, it forces me to think about and process my experiences at university, and finally, it gives me a reason to write regularly.

I find it gratifying that I already have some readers who check out this blog every day. It is even more gratifying that they are not all family members. One of my daughters will be very surprised that she is not number one on the list of visitors. You know who you are.

There are readers from British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Virginia, Spain, South Africa, India, Australia and several other countries. My goal is to provide all of my readers with something that will keep them interested enough to keep coming back for more. I welcome your input, so please feel free to comment on any of the posts on this blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rob said...

The previous two comments were ones that I posted to check to see if I was getting notified. I am getting comments now.

Anonymous said...

Often, people have counters displayed on their websites and/or blogs. I recently saw a genealogy blog that had a visible counter.Is there a particular reason why you don't have one? Thank you for your response and sharing your experiences.

rob said...

No particular reason, other than my filter blocks counters so I have to make a special effort to check the count. I installed a counter tonight. Hope you are enjoying my blog.