Saturday, September 22, 2007

A very long week

It has been a very long week. I am still dealing with the fallout from my personal crisis. I have no regrets about dropping the course. It allows me to focus on what I need to do.

Wednesday was a very bad day for me, I felt the full, emotional impact of the events of the week before. I decided to contact others and let them know just how hard it had been for me. That made a huge difference. Wednesday could have been the day when things got worse, instead it was the day when things turned around.

I am continuing to meet interesting people. An excellent example is a woman who has spent time in the Middle East and is in university to gain knowledge and skills that will enable her to return to the country that she spent time in and work with the people there. She is learning the local language so that she will be more effective when she returns.

I was invited to go for a beer by a fellow student on Friday. Although, we decided not to go for the beer then, we did go to check out the campus clubs and joined a couple of them. The age difference between the other students and me does not seem to be any hindrance to my meeting people and socializing with them. They are curious about why I am in university now and some of the more goal oriented want to know what I am going to do with my degree when I graduate.

I am keeping up with the work, despite all of the turmoil in my life. I have written three short tests and have gotten very high marks in two of them and a very respectable mark in the third. At least, I think so, it has not been marked yet but I know I did not find it difficult

I am behind in some of my reading and will have to concentrate on that this weekend. Along with the household chores, which are always there, I will also have to spend some time dealing with my personal crisis. That makes for a busy weekend but I am taking some time to relax on Sunday. I've been invited out for dinner and I will definitely be there.

No comments: