Sunday, September 2, 2007

Thoughts on family birthdays in August

I am always fascinated by the number of ways that people can find to sort themselves into in-groups and out-groups.

Many of the members of my family and my wife's family celebrate their birthdays in August. Three of my wife's siblings were born within a few days of each other early in August so they are all Leos. Most of the rest of the family members who have birthdays in August are also Leos. That leaves out those who were born later in August and are Virgos. Their birthdays rarely get mentioned in family gatherings while those of the Leos are frequently celebrated as something special.

Happy birthday to all those Leos and Virgos. Or, should I exclude those Virgos who were born in September?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Virgo! August 31.

rob said...

Happy, belated, birthday Kathy. I will be thinking of you next August on your birthday.