Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Latest News

A couple of things happened today that I am happy about. I went to the first meeting of a club that a friend and I joined. We introduced ourselves and talked about our expectations and then I had to leave. Maybe next time I will be able to stay for the after meeting socialization.

The other big event of the day was the first CPP (pension) deposit into my bank account. It is not much, just a few hundred dollars a month but it marks a milestone for me. I am now, officially a senior citizen but, as I said in my introduction at the club meeting, I don't feel like one and I certainly don't intend to act like one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that interesting? There are so many milestones in one's life...getting a driver's license, voting, being legal age to drink, getting married, the birth of a child, etc. Being a few years shy of middle age, I had not considered being old enough to collect CPP (and being geriatric - oops I mean a senior citizen :))as a milestone but I guess it is. We only achieve that status once in our lives and we get to keep it for the duration.