Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Expectations

I started attending classes, almost a week ago, with certain expectations. I had an idea that some courses were going to be hard and others easier. I was also sure which courses would be most interesting and which classes would go by very slowly. Not surprisingly, my expectations are all wrong. Well, not quite, but pretty much. Certain profs bring enthusiasm for their subject matter and a love of teaching that makes, even the less fascinating, topics interesting.

I have some larger classes that I was apprehensive about because I know that I learn better when there are fewer students in a class. Maybe I have a more positive attitude than I have had in the past, because I find the larger classes are almost as conducive to learning as the smaller ones are. Perhaps I would be more engaged and learning even better if those classes were smaller.

No comments: