Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Returning to university

I am returning to university this fall after a hiatus of almost four decades. I just got back from buying my books. It was rather comforting to find that I could actually understand the math texts. For anyone who has been away from school for a while, it is the technical stuff that gets forgotten. I am really glad that I took a math course this summer.

Most people I run into assume that I am a parent of a student rather than a student myself. I am older than most of the staff and profs. It feels a bit weird but I will get used to it.

I'm looking forward to returning to university on September 6th, the day that classes start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall be following your adventure through your blog. As for me, I went to college the hard way. I worked full-time throughout and it took me 10 years to get my BA, taking a year off here and there for marriage, buying our houses, etc.

I'll enjoy reading about your schooling through the eyes of a fellow "non-traditional" student.

rob said...

It is always nice to hear from other people who have made it.

I hope you enjoy sharing my adventure.