Friday, November 23, 2007

A Little Bit Of Everything

It is Friday evening and there is just over a week of classes before we break for exams and Christmas. I get all of my exams over with in one week. I have four days to study after classes end before I write my first one. I write the hardest one first; I like that.

Our late Friday afternoon stats class is getting quite restless by the end of the hour. Our prof has a hard time with us. We just want to get out of there and go home for the weekend.

I got lucky this afternoon; there was a bus coming as I crossed the street to the bus stop. It was one of the extra buses, so it left right away. I had driven my car and parked it close to the campus this afternoon, so I got home in record time for a Friday evening.

I've been finding it easier to spend longer spans of time at homework or studying; just in time for exams. I spent an hour and a half at stats, took a half hour break and went back for another half hour of studying before class. I am quite happy to be able to do that. I've had such a hard time concentrating on anything for any length of time. I am beginning to feel much better; just a bit short of breath because of my lung infection. Oh well, as long as my brain is in gear, I won't complain.

The builders are coming along quite well. No significant problems, so far. It will be great to get them out of here. I like my privacy and the house is a mess; plaster dust on everything. It s cold enough that the furnace is running a lot and it spreads the dust throughout the house.

I told my classmate with the health problems (we are getting to be friends, I think) about my idea for a reverse Pandora's box. (See the comment that I left) She wants one. I do too. Maybe we can share one.

I wish that I had no scruples. I heard lots of nice, juicy stuff yesterday but, because I respect the privacy of others, I cannot write about it. @^^@%&%*&#@#!(&(!!! Among other things, suffice it to say that one of our classes, next term, will have a self identified, very interesting violent offender. I think that he may just be trying to impress impressionable young women, but who knows. He just might be for real. His reputation precedes him.

I have to start thinking about something to eat. I've been goofing off since I got home. I've had too many pizzas and need a healthy meal. I bought some veggies and fruit this afternoon and have some cooked rice in the fridge. A stir fry sounds good to me.

I am listening to Norah Jones and Diana Krall as I write this post. I like their singing. Norah Jones is accompanied by the Peter Malick Group. There is a nice contrast between Norah Jones and Diana Krall. I find Norah Jones to be energetic and Diana Krall to be very mellow. The computer is playing their music randomly, so there is a nice mix of mellow and energetic music.

My partner is doing well. We have been talking a lot on the phone and she is feeling a lot better. It has been very good for her to spend time with her brother and sister-in-law. She will also be visiting her daughter for a couple of weeks, from the middle of December until the end of December.

I got her a something that she will appreciate for Christmas. A Mose Scarlett CD that we don't have. May be he will come out with another one before next Christmas. I hope so.

I will miss her this Christmas, but I think that it will be great to see my mum and the rest of the gang. I miss them too. It is always nice to see my grandchildren. I am looking forward to spending time with them. A week is not long, but it is long enough to be able to spend a fair bit of time with them.

I've told my profs about my problem; they have been very supportive and understanding. I have slipped a bit over the last three weeks, or so, but I have time to get it together before I write my exams. I am taking two half courses and will have to concentrate on them to make sure that my final mark is decent.

My friend, who entered the poetry contest with me, came up with some music to go with one of my poems. It sounded quite nice. I asked about the tune and she told me that she had just made it up on the spot. I really envy people with that ability.

My medication was interfering with my memory and I found it very disconcerting. I could not recall information very well. I was quite upset about it. Thank goodness that the effect was temporary.

I have never understood why I can remember stuff that I've read in texts, or heard in class, but I can forget to get a roll of paper towel two times after going upstairs to get one. I get distracted and do something else and come back downstairs without the roll of paper towel that I went upstairs to get.

Yeah! I finally remembered the paper towel and some Kleenex for the kitchen.

I've been writing this post for about 35 minutes. I hope that, those of you, who are suffering from post withdrawal, get your fix tonight, because I think that I have said it all. You know who you are.

If I were smart, I would have turned this into three posts. I'm not that smart, I guess. Judge for yourself.

Okay, that is quite enough for one post. Goodnight all.

Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes,I have gotten my fix. Terrific post!! Lots of info. Interesting. Thanks for that!

R-