Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Dark and Stormy Night

It turns out that my time spent "studying" optical illusions may have been productive after all. Our psych lecture, today, was about vision and perception. Our prof was quite emphatic that checking out the optical illusions website was a very worthwhile activity. He said it about three times, so maybe I should do some more "studying", just to be sure that I really understand optical illusions. When he emphasizes something like that it means we are going to be tested on the concept.

My new printer, an HP F4180, is up and running. No real difficulty getting it going on my Linux (Debian Etch) desktop, although the automated script ran into a problem and would not download some files. I did that manually and then everything went as it was meant to. One feature that I love is that the printer photocopies directly, without using the computer. It does it quickly and does it quite well. I haven't had time to scan anything yet, but that is not a really important feature for me, although it is nice to have on occasion.

My favourite librarian was off sick all summer. she is back at work now, sporting a new, very short, hairdo. It was great to see her back.

It will be a dark and stormy night tonight, a good evening to batten the hatches and curl up with a good book and... oh, I mean stats text and practise doing the kind of problems that we will be tested on this Saturday.

No comments: