Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wild Weather

It's November 21 and pouring rain. Global warming at work again, I guess. The buses were packed this morning and could not pick up everybody at the stops. There were more people getting on than were getting off until we got to the first main campus stop.

I came home to do some work and get ready for the poetry contest tonight. I might even get dressed up a bit. Make an impression, maybe, in case my poetry doesn't. I've had two people look at it and they both liked it but they are prejudiced. I trust their opinions though.

While I was waiting for a bus, I watched the other people there. Several of us had umbrellas and most of the others had jackets with hoods, so they were somewhat protected from the elements. I began to wonder what the protocol was for sharing umbrellas with other people that one does not know. How bad does the rain have to get? I find myself preoccupied by these sorts of very important questions from time to time and I need some answers so that I'll do the right thing the next time. Is there anybody out there who knows the correct umbrella sharing protocol? Or, is it another survival of the fittest test? The ones who forget their umbrellas die out and don't reproduce?

No comments: