Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Bit Out Of the Ordinary

I had a very busy, but satisfying day today. It was an early start to a long day that saw me arrive at university just after eight this morning. I got lucky with the bus ride. It was just about 35 minutes which is as about as short as it gets.

I spent most of the morning studying and getting caught up on my reading. I had gone early for a specific reason, but the event was canceled and I had nothing scheduled until just before lunch. I met with someone who is also a mature student and we talked about our experiences at university. She had some suggestions that she thought would help me succeed at university. I think that her advice was helpful and will certainly follow it.

I need to make another decision about my class schedule. I am in an intermediate French class and am finding it hard to keep up because it has been so long since I studied French. I have forgotten so much. I have been thinking of switching to the basic French class. I talked to someone in the French Department and he agreed that it is probably the best choice for me. He gave me a couple of days to think about it.

A few of us got together late this afternoon for a bit of socializing at a popular on-campus spot. It is frequented by older students and quite a few of the profs, so I felt a lot more comfortable there. Not a teenager in sight for about two hours. Teenagers are okay, but they are so young.

I went to a poetry group meeting after school and participated in a workshop. It was interesting and I quite enjoyed it. I did not bring any of my work, but I will in the future. That was the first poetry workshop that I have attended. I plan on going to the next one.

I did not get back home until after nine but I really enjoyed doing something a little bit out of the ordinary.

No comments: