Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Striking a Balance

I find that the life of a student is a hectic one. It is almost like being isolated from the world in some ways. It is like being on a carousel of lectures, reading, studying, assignments and tests. You finish one ride and get right back on for another one. Don't get me wrong; I signed up for this. I just had forgotten how myopic and hectic the life of a student can be. It is easy to get caught up in the struggle for grades and success. I am trying to strike a balance between doing well and having a life. Just how to do that is the problem. I know that all of us face this struggle no matter what we are engaged in. One way that I keep some sanity is by meeting regularly with a group of older students. We share our stories, have a few laughs and forget about the carousel for a while.

No comments: