Monday, December 3, 2007

Meditating

I found a new way to make my time on the bus productive. I decided to meditate. I was having a problem reading because of my foggy glasses in the morning, so I meditate instead. It is a bit hard to get past the picture that I have of myself. I imagine that some of the people around me look at me and think that I am sleeping. I know that people sleep on the bus, I used to do it when I was a lot younger, I even got good at waking up just in time for my transfer and destination. It is just the image that I think that others have of me as some old guy sleeping on the bus that gets to me. A bit silly I know, I don't have any problem with my age otherwise.

I usually meditate before exams. Before I went in to write my French exam, I found a quiet corner and meditated for a while. When I finished, a guy asked me if I had been meditating or sleeping. He meditates, or at least he does when he finds the time. We had a short conversation about the need to meditate whenever and wherever one finds the time. Time is one thing that I have to spare on my bus rides.

No comments: