Thursday, November 1, 2007

Random Stuff

I posted a link to a neat website, Optical Illusions and Visual Phenomena.
Do not go there unless you have some time to spare. I found it fascinating, and irresistible. I occupied myself, in between kids at the door, last night, with the illusions on that website. It is related to what we are studying in psych, right now, so I justified the time spent as studying. I hope that there are lots of questions about optical illusions on the next exam. How about a couple, at least, so that I get something out of the two hours I invested in "studying" optical illusions.

On a more serious note, I got a solid A in the mid term that I wrote last Thursday. I don't know how well I placed compared to others students, but I am fairly sure that I did relatively well.

We got the topics for our psych project today. It is worth 10% of our final mark, so it is worthwhile doing a decent job of it.

In class today, during a discussion about compliments and who gives them to whom, a young woman said that it made her feel creepy when she got compliments from old men. I've never talked to her, but it felt a bit weird. I don't think of myself as an old man, but I am sure that she would.

Our prof got mixed up about the time today and handed out our quizzes early. We usually leave after we are done our quizzes, so he had a minor rebellion on his hands. We had gotten our signal that the class was over for the day and there was no going back. We were like little kids given the promise of free time. We had a short discussion about the value of time spent in class compared to the degree that we expected to get. Most students valued the degree more than they valued the education. We left early.

No comments: