Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Preoccupied

I have been preoccupied with personal stuff since Christmas. I think that it is interfering with my writing. At least, that is what I think has been happening. An old shoulder injury has been causing me problems since the first big snowfall here. I've been busy getting it taken care of. I have to get an ultrasound next week then I'll find out what is going on. They have ruled out rotator cuff damage, so that is a relief. I used to be invincible; now I am paying the price of years of wear and tear on my body from running, high jumping and cross country skiing. I have extensive arthritis in my shoulder as well as the after effects of dislocating it twice. Enough of this blather about my aches and pains. Life goes on and I will cope with whatever changes this forces on me.

My partner is well on her way to a full and complete recovery. Actually, she is a changed person. She has worked hard and is much happier, stronger and more independent. I am very happy for her. She will be returning home in the near future. We are counting the days.

No comments: