Monday, January 14, 2013

Where Do I Go From Here?

Soon after my last post in 2008 I left university.  It has taken me this long to write about it for several reasons but I will not get into all of them now; perhaps some other time.

I could not go on.  I had to leave to maintain my health.  The stress of being at university after the events of 2007 was too much for me to take and remain healthy so I withdrew.  I cried when I walked down the hall from the Student Services Office towards the bus stop and my last bus home.   I felt like I was abandoning a dream, my dream of finishing my degree.  I felt like a failure.

More than four years has gone by since that day and I no longer feel the same.  I am not a failure.  I made a decision to put my health first.  That was the right decision then and it is the right one now.  I doubt that I will ever return to university.  The time has passed.  Events have made my life different and changed who I am.  I am content now with my decision to withdraw and I am satisfied with my life.

So, where do I go from here?  My blog was to be my chronicle of my return to university.  It is gratifying to see that people still read this blog and I would like to return to writing here but I would have to find something else to write about.  I am open to suggestions. 

No comments: