Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thinking of Next Year

It seems to me that I am less motivated to write than I have been in the past. It could be the crunch of the year end, but I don't think so. At least part of the change, maybe even most, is due to the loss of the need for writing that I had earlier. I am settled in my routine both here and at home. Peace and quiet is good.

I have been going through the process of declaring my major and trying to decide what courses I would like to take next year. My average is high enough, so far, that I could take an honours specialization, but I am not certain that that is what I want to do. I elected to do so when I declared my major and I will think about it for at least over the summer. If I am admitted, I will be able to take the courses that I have selected next year and then change my mind with no negative consequences. I have been busy talking to several students who are a year or so ahead of me about their thoughts on different courses and profs. I am going to talk to our class TAs and our prof in the near future to get their input as well.

I am very happy with the results of both of the tests that I have written since having been allowed to write exams by myself. I will have to wait and see how my finals go as well, before attributing the increase to the accomodations. The study room access helped me quite a lot too. One unexpected result of the changes has been an increase in satisfaction with being here in university. The stress of trying to study while being distracted has been eliminated, so I am enjoying myself more and getting better results.

No comments: