Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sunny Saturday

It's a lovely fall day here, too nice a day to have to write an exam on. Oh well, I was done in just over an hour so I did not have to be indoors away from natural light for very long. I saw a couple of students from my section and talked to one. It turns out that he and I have at least one thing in common. We are both renovating our older houses. I didn't see my classmate with the health problem, but I could have missed her in the crowd quite easily. Hope she is okay.

I ran a couple of errands on the way home and got here just after noon. I have the whole afternoon ahead of me and one small bathroom to tile. I may get the toilet back in as well. It just depends on how the tiling and trim installation goes. No school work today. I need a break anyway. At least that's my excuse for taking an afternoon off. I think that I'll treat myself to a couple of glasses of wine with supper tonight, play a little Mose Scarlett and veg out.

One of my friends is in the military and made the paper in a story about Remembrance Day. I was quite surprised to see her pictured in her uniform. She comes to school in civvies.

It made me feel guilty about not wearing my poppy today. I seem to have lost it in my travels. I can add that to my list of things that I have lost. I almost added another jacket as well, but I remembered it in time to go back and get it. I had my cellphone and calculator in the pocket, so I would have been able to add three items all at once.

It is a good thing that I have a good memory, or I would have no possessions left. I even managed to lose my runners once, but that's another story.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Good luck getting your chores done. But the Mose Scarlett sounds like more fun. Have a great afternoon!

rob said...

Tiling to the sounds of Mose Scarlett is one way to make the job more pleasant. I'm not quite done though. I just hope that I don't associate Mose with work now. It might reduce the mellowing effect for me.

Anonymous said...

"Veg out"
Interesting lingo mixed in with your intellectually worded post. Perhaps hanging out with younger people is causing a type of osmosis in which phrases stereotypically "not you" become a part of your ever-increasing vocabulary.
Certainly is nice to find somebody who shares the same experiences as you, both at school and at home. Interesting when it comes to which people you end up talking to and how people who share the same experiences often wind up making a connection at some point.
R-formerly Moi

rob said...

R-formerly Moi, I am full of surprises. Someone once said that I had no personality of my own and that I blended in with the people that surrounded me. I see it more as my being empathic and mirroring people. I sometimes do it without being aware of it.