Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Poetry Contest

I went and entered a poetry contest and only have a few days to come up with (write) something that I want to present in front of a live audience. I have performed in front of quite a few people in the past, but it has been a while. I don't have a whole lot of new poetry, just three or four short ones that are okay but not outstanding. We have a three minute limit so I should have no problem staying under that since most of the poetry that I write is only four lines long. I thought of presenting two poems that are related to each other. I wrote a longer poem about 17 years ago and I wrote another that is related to the first one just a few weeks ago. I would prefer to present something current so I had better get started. Actually. I have several poems started. I just can't seem to finish any of them. I wonder how a presentation of bits and pieces would go over? I started a poem about the onset of dementia. Maybe I could piece it all together and demonstrate the process. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind.

Speaking of losing things, I had three classes today and I brought a text to two of the three classes. I left behind both texts. Luckily, I am surrounded by people who are more aware of their surroundings than I am and got one returned right away. The other is in the department office waiting for me to pick it up. On the bright side, I had made sure that I had my jacket and my backpack when I left those classrooms. I just have to remember to put my books into my backpack before I leave.

No comments: