Monday, November 19, 2007

A Poem About Losing Things

The author of this poem was inspired by my blog about losing things. The author has given me permission to post this untitled work.

Where did I put it?
Where did it go?
Did I leave it behind?
Did I leave it at home?

Is it at my seat
In that lecture hall?
Did somebody steal it?
Imagine the gall!

I am sure that I grabbed it
When I hurried out
I remember it clearly
Without a doubt…

But wait...I don’t know…
Did it ditch me in Stats?
Did it jump out of my bag?
My memory...oh drats!

My belongings seem to
Have a mind of their own
They look at my pack
And they seem to groan

“I’m not going in there…
If I may be so blunt -
It’s so dark and cramped
Even at the front”

“I’ll just wait right here,
This is such a fun game
The scavenger hunt
That drives people insane

Where did I put it
Where should I look
The classroom, the office
Where is that damned book?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute poem. The author should be commended for his/her creativity.

R-

Anonymous said...

That is a really great poem!
Hello, my name is audrey b.I am in a drama class and our current assignment is to read a narrative poem out loud to the class. I found you poem very entertaining and it is just perfect and I was wondering if I was allowed to use it for my assignment. I just wasn't sure because it says that it is copyrighted.
thank you-
audrey b.
audreyg@cableone.net

Anonymous said...

love it... explains my life :)