Monday, November 19, 2007

A Good Day

Today was a good day, not a great day, but a good day. I am happy with good days. I managed to work on an assignment this morning for about 90 minutes without taking a break or being distracted. It has been a long time since I have been able to do that.

I saw my counsellor this morning after working on my assignment. We had a very good session in which I began to understand just why I get so angry for so long.

I took a break after that and had a hot chocolate. I managed to get very relaxed, which is what I needed. I even worked for another hour on some homework that isn't even due until Thursday. I almost finished it which is even better.

While I had a good weekend and a good Monday, my classmate with the health problems did not. She ran into an animal which caused a lot of damage to her car. She was not injured, just upset at the death of the animal and the damage to her car.

The mood of my last class of the day was a bit different today. It is a half course which will end in just two weeks, and a bit. Anyone who was out in the hall may have thought there was a party going on instead of a class. We were doing some group work and were talking to each other as we solved our problems. It was very relaxed and enjoyable. There was some friendly banter and a few laughs. I don't think that our prof had planned it that way, but the situation was very conducive to learning. All in all, a very good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really glad to hear you had a good day. Though I'm sorry for your classmate who hit the animal. I've been there. It's no fun at all. Very upsetting. I wasn't right for a couple days afterwards.

rob said...

Kathy-- It is nice to be able to share my good news. I feel badly for my classmate though. It was very upsetting.