Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Friends

I told another friend about my problem and was, only mildly, surprised to hear that person tell me about a similar experience. I've talked to four friends and all of them have experienced something similar to what I've gone through. Maybe my problem is not as unusual as I think that it is. I just don't know.

It seems that there may be a resolution to it in the works. Things are tentative and will not be resolved soon, but there is movement in that direction.

I find talking about the event to be very tiring. I usually feel wrung out and drained afterwards, but I feel better for having shared my experiences with other people. It also helps to explain some of my behaviour over the last couple of months. Quite a few of my friends and classmates know that something happened and have been wondering what it was. They have all been very supportive. Some of them were willing to help in any way that they could, without even knowing what happened. It is nice to know that there are many good people out there. I am lucky enough to have several of them as friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good people can sense when you need a lift. They don't need the details. I'm glad you have this circle of friends to keep you afloat!

rob said...

Kathy--You are so right on with your comment. The best part, about my friends at university, is that I met them after school started. I feel very lucky to have found those people in my classes and in the group that I socialize with each week.