Wednesday, November 21, 2007

All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go

My friend and I enjoyed our evening of poetry. We had great seats near the front and another friend joined us for a while. She has to get up at 5:15 tomorrow morning so she left early. The two of us sat there until the last poet was announced. Neither of us was called. We both entered online, so we are wondering if there was some problem with their online system. We were disappointed but there was nothing we could do about the situation. We will definitely complain about being left out. Next time. I will use the old fashioned paper entry form.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ryc: Turn into a Pandora's box... that is an excellent idea!

rob said...

Kev--I am putting that on my Christmas list. I hope that one of my thoughtful family members follows through.

Anonymous said...

What an anti-climax!! I did not expect to hear that you were not able to present! Maybe there was a greater reason. What were the winning poems like? Were they comparable to yours? Considering how I feel, you must be disappointed. Ah, well, there is always hope for a second chance!

R-

rob said...

R-- We did not stay for the judging, so we have no idea what the judges were looking for. Some of the poetry was very good but I am not the one to decide just where my poems and my friend's poem would have placed.

Anonymous said...

I think that a Pandora's box would be a great idea but rather than give the box to another person, I think it would be appropriate to put it in a Hazardous Waste Disposal Site. Precisely where it belongs!